I'm so happy my parents decided to stay!! This is seriously the best place to grow up. So, in tribute of quite an emotional roller-coaster this last week thinking I'd never get to go back and have a "home" in Thousand Oaks. I've decided to list some things I love about it!
1) WEATHER - Seeing as I'm roasting in 100+ degree weather right now, it's no surprise, this would be on the list. Plus, you really can't beat the great utside-all-the-time environment!
2) FAMILY & FRIENDS - These are coupled, because you can't have one without the other. Especially in a place where everyone truly feels more like family than just friends.
3) SCENERY - Beautiful blue skies, Oak trees (of course), green grass, gardens, fountains, lakes, ponds, rolling hills, (Tarantula mountain), parks, hiking trails, sunsets (can't beat AZ, though), I'm sure there's more, just getting tired.
4) BEACH - Just 30-minute drive to Malibu. It was great! I can't tell you how many times I just wanted to get out of school early on Friday and go to the beach. It was almost like an itch in the air to get done with school and go to the beach, especially with the surfers.
5) TOPPER'S PIZZA - I loved hanging out there after football games. I have a lot of memories there! Plus, the pizza is good!!
6) SHOPPING - Topanga, Santa Monica, Ventura, Westlake,
7) ENTERTAINMENT - Not much to do right in Thousand Oaks, (Jack in the Box) but your surrounded with options: Santa Barbara, Santa Monica 3rd Street Promenade, Universal City Walk, Disneyland, Magic Mountain, Comedy Clubs.
8) CELEBRITIES - I'll never forgot how fun it was when we T-P'd Will Smith's house...well we couldn't get to his house of course, but we made sure to decorate the fence. :)
and maybe I'll add on 2 more when I'm not so tired. :) Please, all you T.O. people out there, add to the list about your favorite things. Shout out to my best friends..you know who you are.