Tuesday, June 26, 2007
1) WEATHER - Seeing as I'm roasting in 100+ degree weather right now, it's no surprise, this would be on the list. Plus, you really can't beat the great utside-all-the-time environment!
2) FAMILY & FRIENDS - These are coupled, because you can't have one without the other. Especially in a place where everyone truly feels more like family than just friends.
3) SCENERY - Beautiful blue skies, Oak trees (of course), green grass, gardens, fountains, lakes, ponds, rolling hills, (Tarantula mountain), parks, hiking trails, sunsets (can't beat AZ, though), I'm sure there's more, just getting tired.
4) BEACH - Just 30-minute drive to Malibu. It was great! I can't tell you how many times I just wanted to get out of school early on Friday and go to the beach. It was almost like an itch in the air to get done with school and go to the beach, especially with the surfers.
5) TOPPER'S PIZZA - I loved hanging out there after football games. I have a lot of memories there! Plus, the pizza is good!!
6) SHOPPING - Topanga, Santa Monica, Ventura, Westlake,
7) ENTERTAINMENT - Not much to do right in Thousand Oaks, (Jack in the Box) but your surrounded with options: Santa Barbara, Santa Monica 3rd Street Promenade, Universal City Walk, Disneyland, Magic Mountain, Comedy Clubs.
8) CELEBRITIES - I'll never forgot how fun it was when we T-P'd Will Smith's house...well we couldn't get to his house of course, but we made sure to decorate the fence. :)
and maybe I'll add on 2 more when I'm not so tired. :) Please, all you T.O. people out there, add to the list about your favorite things. Shout out to my best friends..you know who you are.
As for me, work is going along smoothly. I've been busy at work doing what I enjoy most, which is the marketing/PR side of things. We'll be moving to a new showroom in September so I'll be going part-time so I can be with Jace! I can't wait. The real job I love is being a mother and seems like I will appreciate it so much when i finally get to do it full-time. :) So, until next time, nothing too exciting here, but life seems to always be changing.
Friday, June 22, 2007
Most anyone that knows me, also knows that I love music...singing it, dancing to it, listening to it, playing it on the piano...etc. However, lately I've realized how much I've missed music. It's crazy, before I was married, I can't count how many times I would just listen to music for the fun of it... studying the scriptures, just to rock out all alone in my bedroom, blast it while driving or motivate me while I'm cleaning the bathroom.
But, somewhere along the way I stopped letting music move me. Whether it was not having as many opportunities to dance around with a fake microphone, not driving as much or getting too busy with life itself, I'm not sure. But, I have these fleeting moments when I remember why I love music so much.
You can be having the worst day or have so much on your mind, and a song comes on the radio that just makes you feel alive again and reminds you of everything you have around you. It's like the sky wasn't as blue before you heard that song. And, isn't it crazy how one song can take you all the way back in time to that one moment or that exact feeling years before?
So, that's my profound thought for the day...music has the power to make you smile and see the world from a new perspective. And by the way, a couple songs that have made me smile lately are.... Big Girls Don't Cry - Fergie, Put Your Records On - Corinne Bailey Rae & Do You Know- Enrique Iglesias. Funny huh, but seriously, these songs just get under your skin and you can't help but love life. So, maybe listen to one, count your blessings and rock out!
P.S. Just watched Jill's blog with Paul Potts and THAT was moving!!!!
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Monday, June 18, 2007
I like this video because it points out what is wrong with our cities and society. As a Planner, this is what I study, and I love it. It is a promo to a movie coming out soon about how we build, what it cost etc. It brings out the fundamental problems in how we think we should live the "American Dream". Enjoy, and if anyone has questions about this, I would love to share.
For some reason, Heath knows just how to make Jace laugh. I love it! I am so lucky to have such a wonderful daddy for Jace. He has been especially helpful this summer as he's been Mr. Mom! I get home from work and the house is clean, Jace is happy and fed and I find out about all the adventures they went on that day.... Home Depot, grocery store, the park, etc. Even though our circumstances have been hard with my job, I am so happy that we have Heath to watch Jace this summer instead of a daycare. It was the right decision. So, Happy Father's Day Heath. We love you!!!!! love, Stacey and Jace.
Friday, June 15, 2007
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Who ever said, the two's are terrible? Jace is so much fun at this age. He's old enough to understand how to play together...and yes, old enough to know how to throw a fit. We had such a fun "Cars" Birthday party with my family in California. I can hardly believe how fast time flies. This birthday was harder than the first for me because now he is really not my baby anymore.
Favorite Sports to Play
Golf, Baseball, & Basketball
Wow, look at that!
Yes, I did it!
I got you!
I Wuv You
Playing the guitar constantly
Making drums out of anything you can imagine
Cooking at his play kitchen
Watching the movie, Cars & Wheel of Fortune
Jabbering so much gibberish but a lot of new words