Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day 19- Perspective

Understandably, all of us have our individual struggles and personal trials to overcome in this lifetime. And, not to undermine any of your trials, but I've had a fresh dose of perspective these last couple weeks that makes my trials look like nothing. When Heath and I were first married we were in a great ward with so many amazing young couples. We had a blast! Among these couples, were our friends, the Dixons. A couple years ago we reconnected through the blogging world and when Heath went to Portland to check out the grad school, they graciously let him stay with them. Since then, Alissa and I have stayed in touch through our blogs. A couple weeks ago, I found out that she was having some serious complications with her fourth pregnancy. Her unborn baby, Maddox, has something called hydrops. You can read the story here. . Their journey of heartache and faith has touched me and has really reminded me of what it means to have an eternal perspective. But, I guess the reason I'm writing this is because I know they need as many prayers as they can get. If you can, read their story and say a prayer for their family. It's amazing how much the Lord's hands have played a part in their lives. Come to think of it, I can see the Lord's hands in all our lives.

No comments: