Monday, February 11, 2008

I never saw blue like that before



So, the beaches were few and far between but the water was so BLUE. See the black rocks everwhere? There's so much of it from the lava and someplaces you have to hike through miles of that to get to sandy areas. I had to climb over that barefoot to to get in the ocean. I should have brought those mesh shoes and life would've been easier. We didn't stay long at this beach but I was glad we went. The water was so crystal turquoise blue. I really couldn't believe it. The waves were large too. I didn't get too far in...becuase most of you know...I was on my own with anything in the water because of Heath's hand infection. It wasn't as fun without him. He couldn't get in the ocean with me and couldn't even go snorkeling with me. By the way, I begged Heath to take a picture of me in my snorkel gear because I had never done it before and he said I looked way to silly. But...I wanted to look silly and knew it would've been a keeper picture. too bad. Snorkeling was so INCREDIBLE. I would go every day if I could. I saw fish and coral and swam with 4 turtles. What an adventure. I was sad Heath missed out. Don't feel too bad for him, he still had a great time. We both got some sun, which was sorely needed. Oh and in the middle of one of our sunbathing days, a siren went off for a sunami. I almost peed my pants. It was just a test, but man that is loud!!!! Every bone in your body can feel the vibration of it. The photographer next to us said, well there's nothing we can do about it now and just sat there. Um...hello... higher ground maybe?? Hope I never have to be in that real situation.

1 comment:

Evan said...

great pictures and I love your wallpaper!