Monday, February 11, 2008

Somewhere in Hilo



So, I know, you most are sick of hearing about our Hawaii adventures, but I'm doing this mostly for my rememberance. So, you'll have to bear with me until I get to the happennings of the present. :) I had to post these pictures because it's proof of my adventurous spirit. I wanted so desperately to take an amazing hike and find a secluded lagoon and go skinny dip..ooops I mean...swimming. Well, here it is. Our tour book said it would be a 10 minute stroll. It ending up being a 30-45 minute treacherous, muddy, slippery, bug-infested, yet thrilling yike. I managed to get 5 or 6 mosquito bites, slip on some branches and bruised my tailbone, neck and back and just missed falling more than 50 ft. to my death. The hike took us to the top of the waterfall instead of to the bottom and because of all the rain it was so incredibly dangerous. I had no idea where we were going but it was exciting and so beautiful. So, I got my hike...but no swimming. And, I found out later Heath wasn't even planning on going in with me because he was wary of what was in the water. But, I bet I could've seduced him if we found the perfect spot. Guess we'll have to wait for our next exotic trip in 15 years or so.

No comments: